Saturday, October 6, 2012

Well polish my knuckles and call me Susie....

Steve the floor polisher worked very hard this week, and managed to finish up everything by Thursday.    Very pleased with how it has all turned out:
















Here's a close-up of the "firestreak" effect:



Tomorrow we are going to have a very busy day on site starting to dig the holes for our front retaining wall. I have been sick this week, so I guess this actually means that Ben will have a busy day digging, and I will have a busy day supervising...photos of our handiwork to come later tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Just beautiful!!!! I still love my floors, just invest in an Enjo mop to look after them, that's all you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi - we are using Masterfloors and have been told to allow 1week to sand and polish, another week to cure and then not to wear shoes on the floor for a month. Is that what you did and are you happy with the finish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We weren't told about not wearing shoes inside for a month, but we have two inside dogs so it was kind of a moot point anyway! It's now been about 18 months since we moved in and they have held up pretty well - there are a few 'character' scratches here and there, but we are still really happy with the way they look :)

    ReplyDelete